Dil Cheez- Monali Thakur
jaan jaati hai jab uth ke jaatey ho tum
tum ko apni qasam jaan-e-jaa’n
baat itni meri maan lo
aaj jaane ki zid na karo
Ayo Re Sajan Sakhi- Sukhwinder Singh, Sadhana Sargam
Happy 2nd Anniversary to Kahaani - “A Mother Of A Story” (9th March 2012)
Tauba Main Vyah Karke Pachtaya, full song.
SWADESH - THE SPIRIT OF INDIA
THIS March catch the spirit of India with ‘Swadesh’ featuring the finest dancers of the new generation in the classical styles of Kathak, Odissi and Bharatanatyam.
Sure to be an exciting and innovative performance, this new commission explores the idea of ‘India’ as a motherland.
Catch it at TWO dates in March:
Check out more info here including an exclusive production diary with these world-class dancers.
Photos courtesy of Milapfest.
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Sabr is more than patience.. It’s also accepting your situation as Gods will. Sabr is the strength of your soul. It teaches you to not break when you’ve been bent..
Madhuri Dixit teaches iiSuperwomanii what Bollywood has taught her (x)
In every person there are two types of qualities: the one that takes you to the upper echelons of success and the other that brings you down. The quality that wins between these two, eventually defines our lives.
- Rocket Singh (2009)